Our name gives a clear indication of our main focus. But we realise that it doesn’t reflect everything that we are about, so the following points should help to clarify our aims:
- To equip children, young people, parents and teachers with relevant and timely information that will help them to stand up for their beliefs in this very secular age.
- By publishing articles, blogs, booklets and other media on biblical principles;
- By holding national and regional seminars on important, relevant and topical issues;
- By providing links to external resources, organisations and events.
- Atheist, humanist and secular viewpoints now have a deep hold on media, society and the establishment. The truth of God’s Word is being undermined and—through both subtle means and legislation—children and young people at all levels are being taught that there is no God. We strive to counter this completely false belief.
Ultimately, we seek the honour and glory of almighty God
- There is one true God: holy, eternal, infinite, unchangeable, sovereign and almighty; who is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, distinct persons yet one substance, equal in glory and power and co-eternal (Deuteronomy 6:4; 1 John 5:7).
- The Bible is the inerrant Word of God, written by men as inspired by God the Holy Spirit. It is the only standard from which sound doctrine can be drawn, by which religious experience maybe tested, and by which our lives should be governed (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
- God created the earth and the universe in six days, as stated in the Bible account. On the sixth day of creation God created man, male and female (Adam and Eve), from whom all mankind is descended (Genesis 1:1; John 1:1-2).
- God made man sinless; yet because Adam and Eve sinned, they and all mankind through them have become sinners, deserving God’s just punishment for ever (Romans 3:23; Romans 5 v 12-21).
- The divine Son of God was made Man (the Lord Jesus Christ) to take the punishment due to God’s elect people and to satisfy holy justice, in order to save His people. He gave His life for their life that they might have eternal life, which they receive through the Holy Spirit, Who works God’s grace in the soul of every believer (Luke 1:35; John 1:12-13; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Ephesians 2:8; Colossians 2:13-14; Hebrews 9: 26-28; 1 Peter 1:18-21).
- The Bible provides the principles by which parents are to bring up their children (Ephesians 6:4, Deuteronomy 6:6-7; Proverbs 22:6).
- All guidance on moral and ethical issues, including the sanctity of life, is to be found in the Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17.
The position of CViE is that the King James Version (the Authorised Version) is the most accurate and reverent English translation of the Bible. As such, this version is used in all CViE publications.